Saturday, October 16, 2010

My opion/rant



I've been thinking a lot lately about this time in my life. It is NOTHING like I thought it would be. Living in Utah is great, but people here do have some preconceived notions about certain things. One is when you should get married. I know I wouldn't have been ready for marriage if I would've followed the "norm" and gotten married any earlier in my life simply because that was what was expected. I needed these experiences in my life that wouldn't have happened had I been married. For me personally I know I've had the experiences I've needed, and met the amazing people that will help me be a better wife and mom someday.

There is nothing wrong with me, I'm not a "menace to society", and I will get married when it's right for me and not anyone else. And now I feel like I should say, "thank you for listening to this public service announcement".

2 comments:

  1. By the way, the term for singles over age 25 is "burden to society". ;)

    ReplyDelete